1. Wake up with an idea. Mull over it during
2. By 1 P.M., you’ve decided it’ll be a great way to get into that new language you’ve been wanting to try.
3. Hack out a few basic components. Get excited when they work beautifully.
5. Time for actual lunch. Come up with an extension to your idea that’s even more exciting than the original idea.
6. Get started on the extension, which spawns three more amazing ideas.
7. It’s 2 P.M., and the extension has become its own project.
8. It’s 4 P.M. and the components you hacked out before won’t play nice together. Ask Stack Overflow.
9. Incorrectly copy/paste your code into SO such that you’re missing a brace and the community thinks that’s your problem. It’s 6 o’clock. Tumblr break.
10. Read all the articles linked from the #programming tags. Read the articles they link to.
11. It’s 8:30 P.M., and you’ve got 11 tabs open. Not including Reddit and Tumblr.
12. Finish arguing over IRC about how Scala is the next big thing and oh maybe I should get back to that project.
13. 10 P.M.,
dinnerramen should be sufficient.
14. Open up vim and get back to that project.
15. *multiple “what the fuck” moments while reacquainting yourself with your 4-hour-old code*
16. “This is idea isn’t really that great anyway. I’m sure tons of people have tried and failed.”
17. Read xkcd/Cracked articles/TV Tropes.
18. “I’ll just get back to that project in the morning.”
19. It’s 3 A.M. and maybe sleep or something I guess but ycombinator and
20. goto 1
NCAA March Madness bracket, based off of predictions vs crowd favorites. If anyone wants to know
Video with 2 notes
This video honestly made me think in many different ways about programming. I am not by any means a true programmer yet. I am getting there. But what he is talking would revolutionize how to program. This could let people like me who need that visualization of whats going on (with games, I am actually ok with the “computer brain” stuff) to fine tune everything. And just off of this video, I almost want to make a program to do this.
:THIS DESERVES A BILLION FUCKING NOTES.
OMG. I am not ever not reblogging this. People need to be heard.
death isn’t a solution. not now. not ever
I want all of my followers to know that my ask is always open if they need to talk to someone. Even when you think no one cares, I do. And I don’t want you to forget that.